Saturday, November 17, 2012

The real dirt on me

This is based on the list of questions from a former Theme Thursday post.  I didn't have time to do that one in time but here - I finally got to it.  I answered all the ones I thought I had a good answer for.  Thanks Jenn!

1) What's worst drunken episode of adult life?
 
Blacking out in front of my new mother-in-law.  No- not AT the wedding but like 2 months after I married her darling son.  We were all up at our place in Maine & it was HOT as HADES!  Mr. Database & I had gotten a bottle of Rumple Minze to drink on ice.  Well I was really thirsty and as I said - it was HOT!!  So I kept refilling my glass whilst hanging with the fam at the kitchen table.  Next thing I know, I wake up in the dark in the bathroom and every is asleep (thank g-d!).  But how did I get there??? When did I go to bed??? Did someone put me to bed?  After surviving the worst hangover of my life - I asked these questions.  It was very embarrasing but apparently I was fine, just talked like normal and then said I was tired and I went to bed.  Guess what I have never done again?
 
2) What's the dorkiest thing you're gay for?
 
The gayest thing I'm gay for is women.  Enough said.  
 
4) Do you have any irrational fears and what are they?
 
I am dealthy afraid of snakes.  I'm not afraid they will bite me or poison me specifically.  I'm afraid they will breathe at me.  Or look at me.  Or just exist in a real-life type way.  Also, have you read this? Pretty irrational stuff.
 
5) Why do you blog?
 
Because I talk to much.
 
6) If you could have a super power (x-ray vision, invisibility, etc) what would it be and why?
 
For fun? Flying.  Obviously!  For real-skis?  Healing touch because I know too many kids who need it!
 
8) If you could retire anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
 
Maybe Cyprus.  It was an amazingly beautiful country and we met very nice people.  Either there or Italy.  For the art, the food, & the wine. 


14) What's the worst date you've ever had?

Funny enough - my first date with my husband.  And the second.  The first date, I really wanted to go eat in the North End (Boston).  I had just moved to the area but had loved this Italian neighborhood on previous visits.  I got my first paycheck and I wanted to go out for a nice dinner but I had no one to take.  So I asked Mr. Database - my then new friend withbenefits .  We went & it was like -200 outside, snowy, and though our reservation was for 8, we stood around for like 2 hours waiting for our table.  The management was barely even apologetic.  We have never returned to Dolce Vita that place.  Dinner was good but Mr. D was sooooo uncomfortable and cranky the whole time.  Turns out, he'd never had a woman pay for him and he was not sure how to cope.  So dinner was awkward and it was just not good.  To make up for it, Mr. D wanted to take me out on him.  So he had tickets for Phantom of the Opera.  omgphantom!!! I was pretty much pissing myself with excitement.  The big day comes, we get dressed up, and head to the car.  He looks at the tickets, just to make sure of the time & venue.  And it was yesterday.  We missed it.  I actually cried.  I felt so bad and like a baby but I couldn't stop crying.  So he felt like the worst dude in history.  And yes, we somehow got to date 3 - The Charm they say.  And well, the rest is history.
15) How I lost my virginity.
 
Insert boring - standard - highschool era action.  Nothing special - it wasn't in a phone booth or with Brad Pitt or anything. 
 
17) Is there someone you wish you could apologize to?
 
Yes.  I wish I could apologize to That Person for my previous behavior that was all I could have done at the time but that caused alot of pain.  I wasn't ready for a healthy relationship.  I totally lacked the tools and I was still figuring out how to commit to a healthy life - as in wtf does that even look like?  He got dragged through alot, just waiting and hoping and it burned him alive.  I don't think that was my fault but I'm still sorry.
 
 
19) If you could commit a crime, and absolutely get away with it, what would you commit and why?
 
Murder because rapists deserve to die.
 
23) If you could be a contestant on a game show, which one would it be?
The Price is Right!
 
25) What's one accomplishment in life you are the most proud of?
 
Coming through a really messed up childhood & surviving.  Turning my life around and making something of it.  Breaking the cycle and getting out.  I'm proud of the work I have done to have come so very far.
 
 

2 comments: